Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
The objective of the BBS programme of Mid-Western University is to develop students into competent managers for any sector of organized activity. The program is based on the principle that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment.
Therefore, the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations.
Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government. The graduate should also have a variety of career opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create much needed jobs for others.
The BBS programme of Mid-Western University specially attempts to:
- Equip the students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop a general management perspective in them.
- Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skill in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
- Develop necessary foundation for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
Methods of Instruction
The BBS programme use the methods of instruction which help prepare the student for the realities of Nepalese business, industry and government in which he/she has to work.
A combination of lectures, group discussions, problem-solving exercises, guest lectures, practical work, and fieldwork will be used as approaches to learning. The campuses are also encouraged to use the case method of instruction whenever required and wherever possible.
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS programme of Mid-Western University:
- must have successfully completed the PCL or 10+2 in business/commerce or an equivalent course from a Higher Secondary School Boardor from any other University/Board recognized by MWU.
- must have studied English as a full paper at the PC level or 10+2 programme.
- must have secured the minimum marks at the PC level or 10+2 programme as prescribed by the Faculty Board or the campus concerned.
- must satisfy any other entry requirements or criteria including the entrance test as prescribed by the Faculty Board or the campus.
- Administrative Assistants and Secretaries
- Administrative Services Managers
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Clerks
- Financial Managers
- Human Resources Assistants
- Human Resources Managers
|S.No||Name of the course||Syllabus|
|1||Bachelor of Business Studies||Download|